I made cookies for my munchkin. I finally used up some of the pumpkin my mother in law had brought us a little while ago. They turned out amazing even though I was baking! My latest attempts at baking haven't gone so well, but this worked out.
I got the inspiration from this recipe from Laura at Mommy Run Fast:
I didn't have mila that the recipe called for, so I replaced that with normal chia seeds, and I forgot to add the raisins. The raisins are something I'm disappointed about. I also decided to not add carrot.
1. 1 cup of oats
2. 1/2 a teaspoon of chia seeds
3. One banana
4. One cup of pumpkin (cooked)
5. 3-4 tablespoons of milk
6. A few drops of vanilla extract
1. Measure out fresh ingredients
2. Oatmeal (here's a note on this. I didn't use quick oats or anything, and with the variety I have, I will cook them separately first. The cookies turned out well without doing so, but I think they could have been a bit better texture wise if I had tried cooking them first.)
3. Add chia
4. Add a few drops of vanilla
5. Mash together. I used a potato masher. I forgot to make a photo after mashing it up and putting it in the oven.
Here are what mine look like:
This recipe made me 14 cookies. I love that these cookies are so easy to make! Next time, there are a few things I will try differently: add raisins, cook oatmeal beforehand, add dates. Dates sound yummy in there.
Update: they also freeze well!
Thanks for visiting,