Even though I had meal planned on Thursday, even though I had thought a lot about what we would be eating, my hubby decided to ignore my meal plan and take over cooking duties on Sunday. I was more than happy to relinquish cooking responsibilities to him. (From now on, I am leaving one day a week open for his/our cooking experiments during the weekends.)
Here is his creation (it was so yummy!)
Dough ingredients: (this is a modified version of the Better Homes and Gardens New Cook Book 15th Edition pizza dough recipe)
1. 1.5 cups all purpose flour
2. 1.5 cups whole wheat flour
3. 1/2 teaspoon salt
4.1 package active, dry yeast
5.1 cup warm water
6.2 tablespoons olive oil
1. 4 cloves of garlic
3. About two cups of broccoli
4. 3 medium onions
5. 1 large carrot minced
7. 1 pound of mince meat (we had lean pork)
8. About 8 medium mushrooms
9. Grated cheese
1. In a mixing bowl, combine 1 1/4 cups flour, yeast, and salt.
2. Add warm water and oil.
3. Mix and stir in remaining flour. Mix until dough is elastic and smooth.
4. Divide dough in half and cover.
5. Let rest for 10 minutes in refrigerator
6. Preheat oven to 400*F/205*C
7. Bake dough in muffin tins for ten to twelve minutes
1. Chop everything while dough is resting in fridge
2. Pan fry minced meat
3. Add veggies
4. Add mushrooms
5. Add spices
6. Cook for about half an hour, until all veggies are soft
7. Roll out dough and put in muffin tins then add filling.
8. Add grated cheese on top.
9. Cook for about ten to fifteen minutes, also on 205*C or 400*F (or until ready).
These were so tasty! They were also very filling! Hubby and I were extremely pleased with his experiment! We are definitely making this again. He forgot to make a baby/toddler friendly version of this (no salt, pepper, or chili peppers), but that will also be something we will be doing!
Happy cooking and as always, thanks for stopping by!