I bought asparagus at the market on Friday, which I was very surprised to see. It was pretty cheap, too at only two euro for a bunch. I bought white asparagus, which is normally much more expensive at about four to five euro. My husband doesn't like it much, but I love it. Usually, I pan fry it with garlic, paprika, and lemon juice. Today, I thought I'd try something new based on a pinterest inspired recipe. I made panko breaded asparagus for the munchkin's lunch, but as I had suspected, it was a bit too crunchy for him. I however, found it absolutely delicious.
1. 4 tablespoons of grated cheese
2. 4 tablespoons of panko bread crumbs
3. 1 egg (whisked)
4. 4 tablespoons of wholewheat flour
5. Oregano, salt, and pepper to taste
6. Half a lemon (to squeeze after asparagus is cooked)
7. Asparagus (I only cooked three pieces, broken up, but I had too much of the above ingredients. I also used white asparagus, but green would work, as well)
*Preheat oven to 200 degrees celcuis (400 degrees farenheit)
1. Mix oregano, cheese, and panko in a bowl
2. Whisk egg in a separate bowl
3. Bowl flour into another
4. Wash and prep asparagus
5. Dip asparagus in flour, then egg, then panko mixture
6. Then bake for about 15 minutes
7. Eat straight away, and squeeze some fresh lemon juice on top.
Yum! I really loved them, especially with a little bit of oregano. My husband doesn't like asparagus that much, so I may try to make it this way for him. I will also try to prepare zucchini this way, which the hubs also doesn't like too much, but I do.
Thanks for stopping by,
Adapted from Tuna Cooking