I love pancakes and crepes. I hate making them. It takes far too long, and I always find it a hassle to stand by the pan, waiting to flip them, and then waiting for them to cook. Whenever I make pancakes then, I always make a large batch so I can freeze them for easy breakfasts. We don't have a microwave, so whenever I want to have pancakes for breakfast (or feed them to the kiddo), I can just pop them into our mini oven and in five minutes, they are warm and tasty again.
Did I mention that I also don't like to cook in the mornings? I usually don't make anything fresh in the morning for breakfast. I do make oven baked oatmeal really frequently or eggs, but other than that, it's too much work. It's too early.
In order to avoid my disliked activities - cooking pancakes, and cooking breakfasts, I have to make large batches of breakfast foods, and freeze the leftovers. Aside from pancakes, I do this with muffins, and oatmeal cookies/bars.
Now that it's autumn, I am including pumpkin in anything and everything that I can think of. Pancakes and pumpkin... Mmmmmm. So tasty. The kiddo was grabbing them off of the table, where I had set them to cool. He would run up to the table, grab one, and run off to the living room to play, while munching on them. He ended up being pretty clean, but I did have to vacuum the living room.
Here is the recipe. I did make for my toddler, which meant zero sugar, or honey. You could however, include one or both to make them sweeter.
1. 1 bowl of pumpkin (about a cup) or about three quarters of a cup of pumpkin pure
2. 1 cup of buckwheat flour
3. 1 cup of whole wheat flour
5. 2 tablespoons of chia seeds
6. 1 cap of vanilla extract
7. 1/4 teaspoon of allspice and ground ginger
8. 1/2 a teaspoon of ground cloves, cinnamon, and nutmeg
1. Blend all ingredients except for the flour
2. Mix flours in a separate bowl, then add flour to a blender slowly
3. Pan fry
4. Flip with the edges are brown and bubbles are starting to form on the top
5. Cook for a few minutes and done!
I cooked them on a low fire so I could get some other tasks done in the kitchen in the meanwhile. The munchkin was incredibly cooperative and had a ridiculously long nap, so I was able to get a lot done. I love it when he naps like he should.
Thank you for reading,