Munchkin and I looove sweet potatoes. I try to prepare them for lunch as often as possible.
Sweet potatoes were one of the Toddler's first foods. He will still devour them as long as they are not boiled or steamed.
One of the munchkin's favourite sweet potato recipes is: kale and sweet potato latkes
1. One sweet potato
2. One egg
3. Half of one small, red onion
4. A handful of kale (shredded)
5. A few tablespoons of panko
6. Paprika powder, salt and pepper to taste (I omit salt though if I am cooking for the munchkin)
7. Coconut oil
1. Shred the sweet potato and onion
2. Mix them, and squeeze the extra liquid out
3. Add the rest of the ingredients
4. Make the shape of the latke (I squeezed out a little of liquid) and pan fry
Munchkin loves these, and so do I. Aside from being really tasty, they are also very healthy. My kiddo hates leafy greens, lettuce, whatever. They will automatically end up on the floor. I love recipes where I can hide leafy greens, and this is definitely one of those recipes!
One of my favourite ways is this salad:
1. 1 shredded sweet potato
2. Half of a small shredded, red onion
3. Feta cheese
4. One egg
5. Paprika powder, salt, and pepper to taste
1. Pan fry shredded sweet potato and onion shortly
2. Add spices, and crack egg into the mixture
3. Cook with a lid for about 4 minutes for a runny yolk
4. After removing the sweet potatoes and egg into a bowl, add feta and arugula
I really loved the sweet potatoes this way, but I overcrowded the pan and caused the sweet potatoes to sweat rather than brown. Either way, this is one of my favourite ways to eat sweet potatoes.
Thanks for reading,