A very easy, warm salad that is absolutely delicious! I made this for my toddler and I during lunch time, but I was unsure of how he would react to the lentils. I was pleasantly surprised and very pleased when the kiddo gobbled down two portions. I also love that this recipe is very easy to make, while simultaneously being very healthy.
|Warm lentil salad|
1. 1/4 cup lentils
2. 1/2 a medium sized leek
3. 2 medium beets
4. 4 medium mushrooms
5. Coconut oil
6. Salt and pepper to taste
1. Make sure the beets are cooked before hand (I steam beets ahead of time if I know that I have a few recipes that I will use them in)
2. After beets are cooked, drain them, and let them cool a little so they are not too warm to touch. Cut the beets into sticks
3. In a separate pot, boil lentils based on package instructions with a sprinkle of salt
4. Meanwhile, take out your pan, and add some coconut oil if needed
5. Pan fry leeks, add the beets and mushrooms.
6. Season with salt and pepper.
7. Drain the lentils
8. Plate up!
|Easy lentil salad with beets and leeks!|
For more healthy recipes, check out my pinterest board:
For more healthy toddler meals, visit my Toddler Meals page.
Thanks for reading,