I do admit that if I am busy or feeling lazy, my go to meals are either chili or a stir fry. I love dishes like that - easy to put together and very difficult to get wrong.
Today, I'll be sharing a very easy stir fry - and paleo (or vegan if you prefer), too! I actually should say, I loosely call it a stir fry and the only reason I do that is because it was made in a wok and have to stir it often. Really, this is just a combination of vegetables that is flavored with awesome spices.
4 adults and 1 toddler
If you choose a vegan option, then this will make a slightly smaller portion, but it should be enough for 2-3 adults.
- 1/4 of a white cabbage
- 2 carrots (cut into match sticks)
- 2 cups of broccoli
- 1 onion
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 green onion (for garnish)
- Thumb sized piece of ginger (grated)
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- Stir fry spice mix
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- Optional: 1/2 a kilo of ground meat (turkey or chicken)
- Optional: 1/2 teaspoon of chili peppers or cayenne pepper
- Heat coconut oil in a wok on medium heat
- Add onion and garlic
- Add meat (if using)
- Once that has browned, add the rest of the fresh vegetables and cook for about five to seven minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, mix together the spices and coconut milk
- Pour over the veggies
- Bring the milk to a boil and then turn down the heat. Let the milk cook down for several minutes or until the vegetables are tender enough for you.
- Garnish with green onion and serve over cauliflower rice
Because this meal is cooked on a fairly high heat, you need to mix it often. It will sizzle and be loud, but that's a-okay!
Today, I am linking up with Raia at Raia's Recipes and Eva at Whole Food Mom on a Budget for Savoring Saturdays!
For more healthy recipes, check out my clean eating page! For some paleo inspiration, check out my paleo friendly recipes board on Pinterest!
Happy cooking and happy Saturday!