Breakfasts have to be easy for me. I know, I say it all the time, but seriously, those of you that manage to get breakfasts ready for your entire families (or yourself) that goes beyond a cup of coffee and a boiled egg blow my mind. I am not functional come morning time, and have no desire to do anything but sit at the computer, type up a few posts, and drink an unbelievably huge amount of coffee. Then, I can make up a larger meal for lunch and dinner.
Well, it seems, that I (and my son and hubby) are no longer doomed to eat bland breakfasts every morning thanks to these easy and oh so tasty stuffed tomatoes. I say they are a breakfast because ... I don't know, I like them for breakfast, but really, they make a fantastic side dish to a salad or a savory dinner.
Easy, healthy recipes:
Oven Roasted Stuffed Tomatoes
- Two tomatoes
- A small handful of leafy greens (I used beet greens)
- Two tablespoons corn
- Two strips of bacon (thinly cut into slices)
- Two eggs
- A pinch of cayenne pepper
- Preheat oven to 175 Celsius or 345 degrees Fahrenheit
- Wash all of your veggies
- Cut off the tips from the tomatoes and remove the insides with a spoon and place them into a separate bowl
- Add the remaining ingredients into the bowl with the tomato 'insides'
- Mix well and disperse evenly between the tomatoes
- Place in oven twenty minutes
Like most of my dishes, these are also oh so versatile! I had this with a baked sweet potato and a greens salad. A-maz-ing! You can really just fill them with whatever you want and eat them with whatever you want, which definitely makes this my type of dish. I can prep everything quickly, get it in the oven and get back to my coffee!
For more healthy recipes, be sure to stop by my healthy recipes page and visit my Healthy Noms Pinterest board!
Want to be the first one to know about new recipes, parenting tips, and toddler activities? Be sure to subscribe to get emails whenever new Welcome to Mommyhood posts go live!
Thank you for stopping by!