Before we talk about meal planning, I just want to say, I love the smell of outside early in the morning. Here in the Netherlands, we barely get any night as the sun sets after eleven at night, and rises - well, before 4.30. I love the long days, and I love going for a run around 5, watching the last bits of the sun creep upwards while covering the sky with beautiful streaks of pinks and purples. Of course, our long days also turn into unbelievably short ones in the winter, which can be quite depressing. For now though, I am just loving all of the gorgeous weather!
This also means that I am getting pretty lazy in the kitchen. I realised last week that my meals (which strayed heavily from my plan), while healthy, were still pretty boring simply because I would rather be tending to my mother in law's ridiculously awesome garden or playing with my son outdoors. I do want to get busy cooking again this week because I have several ideas, and recipes to finish 'perfecting' so I can finally get them up on here.
Here's what I hope will be brewing in the kitchen:
- Hard boiled eggs
- Fruit salad
- Pretty sure that this Avocado egg salad is going to be happening again
- Sweet potato and bak choy
- Salads (with fancy lettuce from the garden!)
- Still didn't get to making sweet potato hummus
- Sandwiches with homemade squash bread
- Sweet potato and butternut squash stampot (mash) with bacon and greens
- Stuffed zucchini (from the garden!)
- Black bean burgers with side salad
- Also haven't made Lentil curry with quinoa
- Someone else cooks
For now, this is mostly an I hope this happens type of meal plan, but the one thing that will most definitely be happening is Sophie's Noodle Bowl! My desire to be active in the kitchen will also depend on whether we get good news regarding our almost new house. If things go okay, we should officially be home owners by the end of the week, so keep your fingers crossed! Then, I'll finally be able to stop complaining about it and will fiiiiinally get some photos up of the house!
- What are your favourite summer foods?
- Any favourite summer salad combinations?
For more meal plan ideas, check out my Healthy Meal Plans Page! For healthy recipes, stop by my clean eating recipes page!
Thank you for stopping by,