Hi there! Happy Tuesday! It's officially day two of the Paleo Challenge! [Don't worry, I won't remind you everyday for the entire three weeks.] I'm actually really, very behind in publishing recipes. Like this one, for example, something I had meant to share about a month ago:
It's a wonderful paleo recipe that is also very versatile, and is also an adaptation of my favourite Dutch meal: Stampot Andijvie! Given that it's paleo and that challenge that I have going on, I figure, it's time to share this recipe.
- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- Half a butternut squash
- 1/2 cup of coconut milk (or milk of choice)
- 2 cup fresh leafy greens of choice (my favourite is endive and/or kale, this time, I used some micro greens from the fridge)
- 1/2 cup bacon pieces
- One small onion
- Pppsstt! If you aren't that into sweet potatoes (like my hubby), then swap sweet potato and squash for 6-8 large potatoes [the kind that you would use for mashing based on your own personal preferences!]
- Peel and cook sweet potatoes and squash (I love chopping them up and roasting them for this recipe with a drizzle of coconut oil on 200 degrees Celsius until they are very soft for about an hour.)
- During the last ten minutes of cooking for the squash, pan fry your bacon
- Once that is done, add your onion (finely chopped).
- Remove from heat
- Mash the potatoes and squash.
- Add the leafy greens, milk, and bacon mixture
And we're done!
I do have to admit, this recipe isn't for everyone as it largely depends on how you feel about sweet potatoes. If you don't like them, make it with white potatoes of choice. That is also absolutely delicious, but my son and I are pretty much crazy about anything sweet potato, which explains why I make this meal all. the. time. I've also been on a spice kick lately, and highly recommend a sprinkle of chili flakes or a dab of sriracha for some extra oompth!
For more healthy recipes, be sure to stop by my Healthy Recipes page! For some (p)inspiration, visit my Healthy Recipes board on pinterest.
Thanks for stopping by!