I think I have to call it quits on paleo... for now. I'm really quite saddened by this realisation, but it is just so hard to keep up with when living with other people. I don't want to stress out about the foods I'm eating, which has been happening a bit more than I feel comfortable admitting. However, I am still planning on maintaining a generally healthy and active lifestyle. Which means - I'm going to be working out again! And quite a bit.
I started last week, and it's been going pretty well. Some hilarious attempts at jogging have been made. Actually, while looking up my routes on google maps, I realised that I walk a lot. And in heels. Oh yes, folks, that crazy Russian bit of my background surfaces every time I decide that walking about ten kilometres (just over six miles) in high heels is a brilliant idea. I don't know what it is, but wearing sneakers, just really doesn't float my boat if I'm running errands.
Last week, though, I really wanted to actually jog - sans stroller, water bottle in hand, ipod ready to go! It worked. I did it. Granted, this time certainly not in ridiculous high heels, and I was wearing my husband's sweats because I don't own any... oops. Did I really just admit that on the internet? Yes, yes I did. I am so horribly out of shape that I no longer own workout clothes.
What was I saying? Oh yes, working out. So, while paleo and living with other people has generally been a bit of a fail, I have decided to counterbalance the occasional crap that I will be eating with a good ole run (and an occasional trip to the gym with a new workout buddy!). Adding fitness back into my routine has been a goal for quite a while, and I am so pleased to say that I finally doing it again!
This upcoming week, I plan to continue my attempts at jogging 3-4 times a week, add in some abs workouts, and see whatever else I feel like doing. I feel like all of this will involve spending far more time on pinterest than I really should searching for workouts to do. I don't have much planned with the exception of the times I will be exercising (5.30 am because who needs to sleep? Not me... I hope).
Shall we get onto the food already? Yes, let's have a look at this week's meal plan:
- Breakfast pizza (I hope to post a recipe on it soon, but seriously... nom tastic!)
- Avocado and egg salad
- 3 ingredient (paleo) pancakes
- Carrot cake oatmeal bake (for the Toddler most likely)
- Whatever I feel like making
- Avocados stuffed with various healthy goodies (corn, beans, onion, sweet potato, whatever else I feel like adding)
- Sweet potato hummus with assorted veggies
- Light tuna salad with cucumber and dill
- Assorted green veggies (asparagus, bak choy, green beans) and some sort of a slow cooked meat
- Paleo green bean casserole (I've been meaning to make this for so long and it still hasn't happened. This week. It will happen this week!)
- Butternut squash lasagna
- Lentil curry with a quinoa salad
- Husband cooks
- Some kind of a Dutch dish vis-a-vis my in laws
Yea... these look pretty delicious and they are pretty healthy, depending on how you feel about small amounts of chocolate. Seriously though. Yum!
Want some awesome healthy recipes? Check out Lisa's blog over at Healthy Nibbles and Bits for more delicious, healthy bites.
Thank you for stopping by,