I know I post a lot of recipes on here. I know I love to cook. I adore it. In fact, husband and I just stayed up way too late several nights in a row planning our new kitchen, where more recipes are just waiting to be made! It's that same kitchen that I hope to create beautiful, healthy new recipes in. It's that same room that kept me up every night this week because I am so excited to get experimenting. Buuuuut...
I don't want to cook this week. Folks, we don't have air conditioners and I feel like I am melting. Making sure my entire family is eating paleo has been kicking my rear end and I am tired. And hot. And sweaty. And it's not in a sexy way. It's in that oh-my-word-I-am-melting type of way. Is it crazy that I actually thought about moving back States' side just for the air conditioners?
I know, I know we're buying a house and all. I know that the Netherlands usually doesn't have more than three sunny/hot days a year, but those three days sure make me feel like I'm unintentionally spending the day in a sauna... even my family in
Ukraine Russia (????)/Crimea have air conditioners [and more importantly are still safe at the moment!].
Now that all of that complaining is done. I will just go ahead and share my meal plan! I'm going to try to get others to take over the cooking responsibilities as much as possible this upcoming week, will be including a bunch of no cook meals, and will be completely eschewing the oven!
- Hard boiled or scrambled eggs
- Zucchini omelette
- More zucchini latkes or other fun latkes
- If I feel like it - a paleo version of an Egg McMuffin? Maybe? I really want it, but it seems like my easy meal plan is getting too complicated again.
- Salads, salads, salads, and even more salads
If I feel like cooking, these are my lunch options:
- Sweet potato and carrot latke sandwiches
- Paleo salmon cakes if I am up to it
- Or my paleo tuna cakes [with sweet potato!]
- Beet and apple salad
- Green bean casserole [no bake!] that I have yet to make with steaks and salad
- Russian crab salad and husband will. be. grilling. It will happen!
- Russian vinigrette salad, which consists of sauerkraut, beets, and other goodies! with pork chops. Do know how to make your own sauerkraut? Check out Raia's instructions for making homemade sauerkraut!
- Grilled shrimp with vegetable lettuce wraps
- Skillet Mexican lasagna [non-paleo cheat meal, but I waaaannt it]
- Someone else cooks
- My awesome grandma's adzhika. This is basically a sriracha. It consists of red peppers, bell peppers, and garlic. It is awesome!
Thank you for stopping by!