Bacon burgers. 'Nuff said, right?
Okay, maybe we can chat anyway? I mean these delicious burgers are one of the few ways that my kiddo will eat meat. They have so much flavah and oompth and I seriously regret not getting these out on the grill before the gigantic cloud of doom that hovers over the Netherlands during the fall returned from it's holiday.
Now that the rain is back, the grilling will have to be sadly retired for another year, but that's not going to stop me from getting my burger! Because of paleo, I enjoy mine on a gigantic bed of my favourite thing ever - fresshhhhh spinach! So get out your frying pans, skillets, or grills if you're still lucky and get ready for some awesomeness!
- 150 grams bacon (small blocks)
- 500 grams ground meat
- 1 egg
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon: paprika powder, coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon: ground ginger, cumin
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- Optional: 1/4 teaspoon chili flakes
- Heat a nonstick skillet or pan with coconut oil
- In a large bowl, mix the rest of your ingredients
- Form a patty or meatball, or whatever shape floats your boat
- Place carefully onto pan to test (medium heat)
- Pan fry
- Once the sides are starting to brown, give them a gentle flip. They aren't ready if they start to fall apart, just be careful to make sure that there is enough oil or that you are using something that won't cause a lot of sticking.
- Pan fry on the other side for an additional 7-10 minutes. You can test one to make sure that they are fully cooked
- What's your favourite type of burger?
- Ever tried putting bacon in your burger? [If not, dooooo it!]
Thank you for stopping by!