I mentioned before that I have been putting in quite an effort into making my recipes simpler. Part of this is practical - I want to create yummy meals quickly, but another part of this is to really challenge myself in the kitchen and focus on simpler (yet delicious) flavours.
Fresh thyme? Amazing. I don't really like Italian style seasonings, or dried thyme and rosemary. It's a lingering effect of my pregnancy (over two years ago, thanks son!), but I still adore the fresh stuff.
Fresh herbs are like magic on your taste buds. The combination of flavorful ingredients in this recipe take endive to a whole new level.
Plus, this is a beyond easy recipe that actually looks a wee bit fancy, huh?
If you have an extra five minutes of time, get out your baking dish, and give this a try!
Easy healthy recipes:
Bacon wrapped endive
20 minutes (15 minutes cook time, 5 minutes prep)
4 endive (cut in half)
8 strips of bacon
Several sprigs of thyme
2 whole cloves of garlic
1 medium yellow onion
1 tablespoon olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius
- Cut the tips of the endive off
- Cut the endive in half
- Place 1-2 sprigs of thyme in the center of each half of endive
- Then wrap 1 piece of bacon around each half of endive
- Place into oven safe dish
- Give the garlic a rough chop
- Cut the onion into half rings
- Arrange the onion and garlic around the endive
- Drizzle olive oil over the top of the dish
- Bake for 15 minutes
- Let cool for a few minutes (so you don't burn yourself) and enjoy!
Note - this is a recipe that is best eaten immediately after cooking. It's still tasty reheated, but the crispiness and texture changes a bit.
Thank you for stopping by!
This post may be linked up at any of these awesome parties: Full plate Thursday, Hearth and Soul Blog Hop, Meatless Monday, Old Fashioned Fridays, Merry Mondays, Bloggers Brags, Savoring Saturdays, Tasty Tuesday, Gluten Free Wednesday, Recipe Fridays, Recipe of the Week, Real Food Friday, Gluten-Free Fridays.