I mentioned in my meal plan yesterday that Mr. Toddler hasn't been feeling well lately. That has meant that meal time with a sick toddler has been quite interesting to say the least. He's had very little appetite, has been sleeping poorly, and even bananas (his all time favourite) were left sitting in the fruit bowl.
Whenever Mr. Toddler is ill, I know that I have to get creative in the kitchen. He's cranky, not willing to be without me, and I know that especially in the mornings, I need to refer to my arsenal of easy breakfast recipes!
That's when I created this healthy, green omelette for Mr. Toddler! It looks a little fancy, but was incredibly quick to throw together.
This post contains affiliate links. Thank you for your support!
This delicious omelette loaded with amazing flavours was definitely the way to go to get Mr. Toddler to eat his veg. The little man devoured more than half of the entire pan's worth!
The fun bit with this recipe is that the green colour of the eggs makes it a perfect treat in time for Saint Patrick's Day! So if you have picky little eaters at home, this recipe is perfect for convincing them to eat their greens! They won't even know they're there!
Easy Breakfast Recipes:
- 1 red onion
- 1 cup fresh kale or spinach (green of choice), packed
- 1/4 cup milk (almond is perfect for a paleo or DF option)
- Optional: Handful of fresh parsley
- 4 eggs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- Peel the onion, and cut into half rings. Put aside.
- Get our blender
- Add greens and milk
- Get out a mixing bowl
- Crack eggs into the bowl
- Pour the greens mixture over the eggs
- Add salt and pepper
- Whisk briefly until the eggs are smooth and mixed
- Get out a pan and heat the coconut oil on medium heat
- Pour egg mixture into the pan on medium heat
- After 2-3 the minutes the eggs should be starting to bubble around the edges of the pan and on the bottom. Add onion slices now by gently putting them into of the egg mixture.
- Cover with a lid
- In about 5-8 minutes, the eggs should be ready.
More St Patrick's Day Recipes
Don't forget to subscribe to get emails whenever new recipes go live!
Thank you for stopping by!