My two year old, like many other kids, has gone through phases where certain foods just don't appeal to him. One day, green beans are being devoured, and other days, he shakes his head 'no' and simply won't give them a try.
Today, I am sharing my 'secret weapon' for hiding some green beans in a yum-tastic bowl of deliciousness - a recipe that is loaded with delicious flavours! In fact, this dish is so tasty that even my little man was asking for seconds and this mama, will happily serve seconds of quinoa!
This bowl of goodness (shall we call it a quinoa salad?) contains only a few simple flavours that I wanted to have shining through with every bite! There's lemon for a hint of freshness, there are fresh herbs for a delicious blend of oompth of flavour, veggies which make everything better, and there are little bits of tricolour quinoa that are there to make everything come together beautifully!
Let's get cooking!
This post contains affiliate links. Thank you for your support!
Easy, healthy recipes:
- 1/4 cup green beans (cooked)
- 1/4 cup corn kernals
- 1 cup cooked tricolour quinoa
- Juice of half a lemon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh parsley to taste
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Optional: serve with fresh green onion, cilantro and/or parsley
- Cook quinoa to package instructions, set aside
- In a separate pot, bring 1 cup water to boil with a sprinkle of salt
- Add the green beans to the water
- Cook for an additional 7-12 minutes or until they are soft enough for your preferences
- Drain green beans and set aside
- In a bowl, combine your quinoa, green beans, and corn
- Pour lemon juice and olive oil over the mixture
- Add salt and pepper, fresh parsley and goats cheese if using
- Mix well and serve immediately
More Toddler Friendly Recipes
Want to be the first one to know about new recipes, parenting tips, and toddler activities? Be sure to subscribe to the brand new Welcome to Mommyhood newsletter!
Thank you for stopping by!