This post contains affiliate links at no cost to you! Thank you for your support!
So breakfast? It's never really been my thing, but when Mr. Toddler prepares it? Well, that's a whole different story!
These toddler prepared egg bites are so easy to prepare that even with my injury, we can whip them up quickly and are lucky enough to have tons of delicious left overs to save future time in the kitchen! They're perfect for breakfast or just munching on throughout the day!
Mr. Toddler loves to cook (just like his Mama!) and helps out whenever I give him the chance! This delicious recipe was so much fun to make with my little helper around! The bonus was that all I had to do was gather the ingredients and use the oven myself. Mr. Toddler got to do all of the hard work of mixing, pouring, and spooning.
Toddlers can be fantastic assistants in the kitchen, and cooking is also a fantastic way for them to use their math skills (measuring), practical life skills, fine motor skills, sensory exploration, and so much more!
Mr. Toddler loved exploring the ingredients, too! I just made sure he (and I) thoroughly washed his hands prior to beginning.
Healthy snacks for kids:
Healthy egg bites
5 minutes prep time, 15 minutes cook time
- 5-6 eggs
- 1 handful of kale (1/4 cup)
- 1/2 a sweet potato (shredded)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Optional: 1 spring onion (cut into thin pieces)
- 1 tablespoon butter, coconut oil, or ghee
- 1/2 a cooked sausage (cut into small pieces)
- 2-3 slices of smoked salmon (cut into thin strips)
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees Celsius or 395 degrees Fahrenheit
- Prep your ingredients: shred sweet potato, cut sausage, salmon, kale, and spring onion if using.
- Set aside
- Crack eggs into a large mixing bowl
- Add sweet potato, kale, spring onion, salt and pepper, butter/coconut oil (or whichever oil you choose)
- Stir the ingredients and set aside
- Get out your muffin tin (I used a mini muffin tin)
- Alternate between adding sausage and salmon to the bottom of each mold
- Pour or spoon the egg and vegetable mixture into each muffin mold
- Place in the oven for 12-15 minutes or until the egg mixture has set.
- Remove from the oven, let cool, and enjoy!
More yummy toddler made recipes
Don't forget to subscribe to get emails whenever new recipes go live!
Thank you for stopping by!