Y has been absolutely obsessed with pancakes lately! He loves to eat them, and I love creating healthy recipes with lots of yummy ingredients. Of course, this time of year, pumpkin is finally available and we are taking full advantage of it by creating delicious recipes like these super healthy pumpkin pancakes!
One of our favourite things to do together is cook. Given his recently developed love of pancakes, I decided it would be fun to give him the opportunity to make a batch of pancakes. Today, I am sharing the recipe that we created, as well as a printable that you can use to help your kids cook independently!
Pumpkin Pancake Recipe for Kids with Free Printable!
Be sure to scroll down below to download your own free printable recipe to help your kids cook independently!
- 1 banana
- 1 cup of pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup of flour (we used buckwheat flour)
- 1/2 cup of steel cut oats
- 1 cup of milk
- 1 egg
- 2-3 teaspoons of coconut oil for frying
- Optional: dash of cinnamon
- Mash banana
- Add pumpkin puree
- Mix or whisk together
- Add remaining ingredients
- Mix well
- Heat griddle or frying pan on medium-low heat
- Add oil (we use 1 teaspoon of coconut oil at a time)
- Add 1 spoon of batter
- Once the batter starts to bubble, flip. The pancake should be easy to flip and should stay together. If you are having trouble flipping the pancake, it is likely that it needs to cook longer on that side until more bubbles have formed.
- Fry for 2-3 minutes on second side
- Remove pancake from pan
- Add more oil as necessary
- Add more batter and make more pancakes!
You can download your own set of free sentence cards by clicking on the 'download now' button below or on the text 'Free Sentence Cards'. Enjoy!
More ideas you may like
Don't miss out!
Be sure not to miss a single Welcome to Mommyhood post! The best way to stay up to date is to subscribe to get email updates whenever new posts come out! You'll be the first ones to know about free printables, new works, and so much more!
Thank you for stopping by!